KINGSTON, N.Y. — Eighteen small companies in Ulster County have been awarded a mixed $542,983 by way of the county’s CARES Small Enterprise Help Program, in response to County Govt Pat Ryan.
Funding for every ranged from $10,600 to $35,000 and was awarded by way of the Ulster County Financial Growth Alliance, Ryan’s workplace stated. A second spherical of CARES funding bulletins is anticipated in early 2022.
“Small companies are the spine of our Ulster County economic system,” Ryan stated in a press release. “As county government and as a former small enterprise proprietor myself, I’m dedicated to offering the assist that we all know our native companies must pivot and develop within the regularly altering financial panorama of the COVID pandemic.”
The funding comes from a $1 million state Neighborhood Growth Block Grant program that gives monetary help to companies.
To qualify for funding, companies will need to have 25 or fewer staff and have to be both owned by an individual of restricted earnings or make use of a majority of people who meet limited-income thresholds.
The 18 companies to obtain CARES funding are:
• Within the metropolis of Kingston, Bondar Constructed, Church des Artistes, Dimples, Stone Soup, Edenesque, City Fork, and Wholesale in a Field.
• In Saugerties, Alleyway Ice Cream, EscapeMaker.com Inc., and Black Eyed Susie’s Upstate.
• Within the city of Ulster, Loveleaf Cleansing LLC and Our bodies by Colotti.
• In Kerhoknson, bryt life meals and Prescriptive Well being.
• Chicory Naturalist in Port Ewen.
• Erichensen’s Gas Service Inc. in Highland.
• Twin Ravens in Ellenville.
• Woodland Playhouse, LLC in Phoenicia.
Julian Hom, proprietor of Alleyway Ice Cream, stated in a ready assertion: “After dealing with the volatility of COVID-19, this infusion of funding is a large win for a small enterprise like mine.”
Devon Francis, proprietor of Dimples, stated she is “thrilled to have the ability to increase my enterprise” and that the CARES cash “will make an enormous distinction in my day-to-day operations.”
For extra details about CARES or to fill out a pre-application, go to ulstercountyny.gov/oed.